A Cross Media Campaign is exactly as it sounds. Distributing your information in multiple mediums - direct mail, email, web or PURL’s (Personalized URL’s).
The time has come and you’re ready to begin your Cross Media Campaign. Where to start?
A campaign can be designed and executed to meet any organizations needs. Below are items you’ll want to ensure you have covered before embarking upon your campaign:
- In order to have a successful campaign you’ll need to determine your desired end result. What is your overall goal? Who are you targeting and for what purpose? Is it to increase membership, subscribers, advertisers or attendance?
- Make sure that your email design and content are targeted to your audience. First impressions are important. The design and message should make the recipient want to take action as soon as they receive the email.
- Spend time reviewing your database. You want optimum results - your data has to be good. Do you have a complete database with all records? Does your data need to be cleaned? (Duplicates removed, invalid and incomplete addresses corrected or removed?)
- Plan your attack – when using cross media plan which mediums will be used within a specified time frame. As an example, if your goal is to reach people quickly, within a reduced time frame, start with a personalized email that includes links to either a website or PURL. After a few weeks, follow up with a direct mail piece for those that have not responded to the email.
- Track usage - give yourself a benchmark time frame. As an example, 2 weeks after the email was distributed, check to see how many opened the email, how many continued to take action from the email, etc. The tracking mechanism should track click rates, actions the user took, date of the action, etc. This will provide you with the information that you need to determine if you need to adjust the time frame for the various pieces and will gauge your overall results.