JFM Concepts is pleased to announce that Sexton Strategic's Girl Scout PURL campaign has been featured by PODi, including a custom cookie calculator. From Caslon & CO on May 12, 2011:
Cross Channel Marketing Drives Girl Scout Cookie Participation
Vertical Market: Not for Profit
Business Application: Direct Marketing / Loyalty
The annual cookie program is a major fundraiser for the Girl Scouts of the Minnesota and Wisconsin River Valleys Council (River Valleys). Encouraging Scout participation is critical to the success of the program. In the past, staff had provided vital information through a monthly email that only reached the parents or troop leaders. River Valleys felt that communicating directly with girls would be important to growing the success of the cookie program. They needed a communication solution that would:
* Improve communication about the cookie program to Scouts and their parents
* Engage three key segments:
- Newcomers - Girl Scouts in Kindergarten through third grade who may be new to the Girl Scout cookie program
- Parents of Scouts
- Older Girl Scouts who may need extra encouragement to continue their efforts in the cookie program
River Valleys worked with Sexton Strategic to develop a multi-channel marketing program that engaged their membership in the cookie program. With the targeted program River Valleys reduced their overall marketing spend while increasing the effectiveness of the campaign.
* The integrated campaign contributed to greater Scout engagement, which in turn supported exceeding the council's cookie program goal
* A reduction in the number of calls to River Valleys showed that girls and families felt informed about the program
* 12% of targeted older Girl Scouts visited their Personalized URL and completed an online survey giving their feedback on the cookie program
Read more about how this campaign was structured and why it succeeded.
PODi members can download the full case study and nonmembers: Get a complimentary copy for a limited time here.